The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign division of Student Affairs and its units are safe spaces that foster student success, inclusion, and belonging in alignment with the values of the university's mission.
We condemn violence and injustice in all its forms, regardless of who commits it.
We extend our sincerest condolences to all victims and their grieving loved ones of the deadly cycle of violence gripping the Middle East.
We are committed to education, encouraging civil and constructive dialogue between all communities, offering lectures, workshops, community-based experiential learning, critical intercultural communication, cultural understanding, and partnering on grants and resources for the hope and healing of our students and the larger community.
Our hearts are truly with those suffering, and we hope for a quick end to the hostilities and that all parties end the conflict by reaching a just, comprehensive, and lasting peace agreement.
Below are some resources you may find helpful.
Campus Resources for Students
- Chez Veterans Center
- The Counseling Center offers a range of support services. They are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Friday and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. To inquire about support that may best meet your needs, please contact them at 217-333-3704. If you need to speak with someone after 5 p.m., please call the Crisis Line at 217-359-4141.
- The Counseling Center’s International Student Circle is a processing space designed for international students to connect. It’s held every other Monday from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Main Library in Study Room 13. Dates for the rest of the semester include October 16, October 30, November 13, November 27, and December 11.
- Counseling Center Brochure: Trauma
- International Student and Scholar Services
- McKinley Health Center: Mental Health
- Student Assistance Center
Campus Resources for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Campus Wellbeing Services (faculty/staff only)
- Cultural & Resource Centers
- Faculty/Staff Assistance and Well-being Services (faculty/staff only)
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources