Student Wellbeing Committee
To integrate, evaluate, assess, cross promote, and support programs that foster the wellbeing of the campus community, primarily students.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate specific student wellness programs and initiatives.
- Review current campus offerings to ensure programs are aligned with the Student Affairs mission and goals.
- Explore strategies to align student wellbeing services with NASPA/ACHA/NIRSA position statements.
- Continue to review Student Affairs wellness services and develop fiscally minded innovative approaches to meeting student wellness needs.
- Seek to strengthen the sense of community and purpose within Student Affairs (and the campus) related to student wellbeing.
- Advise the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and her leadership team on student wellness initiatives and priorities.
In collaboration with the two co-chairs and the AVC AHW, each Student Affairs department head will identify and appoint a committee representative.
Interest in participation on the Student Affairs Wellness Committee will be gauged each year through an interest survey sent out by Student Affairs central office. Interested employees must agree to the Student Affairs Wellness Committee membership requirements in order to be considered for a Committee member position.
- Campus Recreation
- McKinley Health Center
- Counseling Center
- Career Services
- Student Success and Engagement
- Faculty/Staff Wellness Group
- Students (Turner Fellows, Counseling, Campus Rec, McKinley’s Special Pops, etc.)
The committee meets for 60-minutes once a month. The time commitment could average 3-hours each month in preparation for meetings or in committee projects/ events.
Committee members will serve for a initial one year term, renewable twice, following an annual review of membership by the two co-chairs and AVC AHW. It is expected that key members will rotate on and/or off the committee after serving three years.
- Alejandro Gomez
- Alana Harris
Student Affairs/Auxiliary, Health and Wellbeing