- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- professional development
- STARS Program
- Global Talent Exchange Program
- strategic initiative grants
- outstanding staff and program awards
- Programs for Students
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
Student Affairs Intercultural Training Series: Summer 2016 Workshops
Responding to increasing needs of Student Affairs staff for intercultural understanding, the Student Affairs International Education Committee will provide two identical workshops in Summer 2016. Each workshop includes two topics so you can either stay during the whole workshop or choose one topic based on your needs and/or your availability. The SA International Education Committee will continue to offer staff training workshops in the fall and spring to increase intercultural awareness as we strive to provide better services to international students on campus. These workshops are co-sponsored by Student Affairs Professional Development Committee and Illinois International Programs. Please RSVP at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/26511. For more details, contact David Chih at email@example.com.
Date: Thursday, June 2 and Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Time: 11:00 am- 1:30pm
Location: Arcade Building Multipurpose Room (Career Center Conference Room) on 715 S. Wright St. Champaign
- 11am-12pm: How did they get here? – An admission officer will present and a student panel will also be available to answer questions.
- 12:00-12:30pm: Break for brown bag networking
- 12:30-1:30pm: Qian Seung Nnaemeka? How do I pronounce international student names?
- Amber Longtin (Interim Assistant Director of International Admissions) : June 2 and July 19
- William Baptist (International Advising Specialist at ISSS) : June 2
- Nick Dunn (International Advising Specialist at ISSS) : July 19
Professional Development Committee
The committee’s charge is to design and develop high-quality learning programs to increase the knowledge, ability, and skills of Student Affairs professional employees, and promote the opportunities for staff members working together across the Student Affairs units. Ultimately, the enhanced knowledge and skills will benefit our students whom we serve.