- campus committees and boards
- African American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Alcohol Policy and Social Norming Committee
- Asian American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- State Farm Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Recreation Advisory Committee
- The Career Center Advisory Committee
- Counseling Center Advisory Committee
- Board of Fraternity Affairs
- Housing Appeals Board
- Board of Sorority Affairs
- Campus Lighting Committee
- Campus Transportation Committee
- Committee on the Use of Facilities
- Illini Union Board (IUB)
- Illini Union Bookstore Faculty Liaison Committee
- Illinois Leadership Coordinating Committee
- Krannert Center Advisory Committee
- LGBT Resource Center Advisory Committee
- La Casa Cultural Latina Advisory Committee
- McKinley Health Center Advisory Board
- Native American House Advisory Committee
- Organization Fund Advisory Board (OFAB)
- Outstanding Staff and Program Awards Committee
- Parking Advisory Committee
- Parking Appeals Board
- Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Rape Awareness & Prevention Committee
- Senate Committee for Student Discipline
- Campus Student Election Commission (CSEC)
- Student Fee Advisory Committee
- Student Insurance Advisory Committee
- Student Leadershp Awards Selection Committee
- Student Legal Service Advisory Board
- Student Organization Resource Fee Board (SORF)
- Student Sustainability Committee
- Tenant Union Advisory Board
- Women's Resources Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Committee on Financial Aid for Students
- Illinois Leadership Center (ILC) Student Advisory Committee
Established in 1978 to support Registered Student Organizations’ programs and activities, the Student Organization Resource Fee (SORF) Board makes recommendations on allocations of the SORF fee, a $5.50-per-semester non-refundable fee collected from each University of Illinois student. The fee money is available for allocation to Registered Student Organizations that apply for funding through SORF.
The SORF Board is comprised of elected students and appointed staff, and is responsible for allocating the SORF fees to Registered Student Organizations through an application process. The SORF Board proposes its funding recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (Chancellor’s designee) for final approval.
The majority of the SORF Board’s time is spent reviewing and making recommendations on applications for funding from Registered Student Organizations for programs and organizational expenses. Administrative support is provided by the Illini Union.
8 elected student members, at least 2 of whom must have graduate/professional status
3 appointed faculty/staff members
2 ex officio members (SORF Program Advisor or designee, OBFS Representative or designee)
The students are elected to one-year terms during the spring campus election. The faculty/staff are appointed to three-year terms by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
The SORF Board meets five times during each semester to process applications and make recommendations on allocations of the SORF fee. Meetings take place every third Thursday during the academic year and may last 3-6 hours in order to process applications submitted for a particular funding period. The Board may also call other meetings as deemed necessary. Training meetings are held every fall and as needed in the spring. Due to the nature of this position and the need for consistency in the funding process, members (including faculty/staff representatives) who incur 3 absences within the year may be removed from the Board.
Student Board members will be elected for one academic year, and will have to go through the student election process thereafter to serve on the SORF Board again.