- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- 2017 Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
About The Award
Cathy Acevedo began her career at Illinois in the Counseling Center, where she provided outreach programs to students of color, and it was this dedication that awarded her the 2003 Student Affairs Outstanding Staff Award. From the Counseling Center, she became an Associate Dean in the Office of the Dean of Students where she coordinated diversity programs and initiatives and worked closely with students to promote and fund multicultural programming. She was an instrumental part of the establishment of Latino Family Day at Illinois, serving as its founding chair.
Dean Acevedo was also an active member of the Champaign community, serving as a Sunday school teacher at St. Patrick Church and devoting time to the annual "Christmas Coats for Kids" program in the Champaign school district.
One award will be given to an undergraduate student who has demonstrated interest in the advancement of Latino(a) issues and concerns. Preference will be given to high school graduates from Illinois who have a demonstrated financial need. The recipient will have the opportunity to work with La Casa Cultural Latina and assist in meeting its mission and goals.
Nominators, please address the following in your nomination:
- Describe in detail how the nominee has made a significant impact on the quality of campus and/or community life, especially in regards to Latino(a) issues and concerns.
- Describe how the nominee’s contributions to campus and/or community life demonstrates exceptional leadership, especially in regards to Latino(a) issues and concerns
- Describe how the student has demonstrated an interest in the advancement of Latino(a) issues and concerns.