- vice chancellor's video blog
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- 2017 Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- Renée Romano Student Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
- Student Affairs Realignment
- Take the Wellness Pledge
About This Award
Susan Teegarden Morrison was an alumna of Illinois, receiving her bachelor's degree in journalism in 1959 and her master's degree in home economics in 1961. She was active as a student leader in many areas, including Mortar Board, Alpha Lambda Delta, Delta Gamma and several positions in student government. Her most distinguished student leadership position was serving as the first female president of the Illini Union Board.
Two scholarships are awarded to sophomore or junior students who hold significant leadership positions on campus - positions that contribute to the quality of life for U of I students. It is expected that the recipients will also hold a leadership position for the following academic year.
The recognition includes a scholarship that will be applied directly to the student's financial aid package for the following school year.
Nominators, please address the following in your nomination:
- List the nominee’s current leadership position(s) and anticipated position(s).
- Explain how the nominee made a significant contribution to the campus through their leadership position(s).
If possible, please have the student include a brief statement about his or her goals after graduation.