Do you know a champion of wellness? Campus Recreation is looking for someone who is walking the talk and advocating for the wellbeing of others. Nominate a member of the Illinois Campus Community. If selected as the bi-weekly recipient of the Get RECognized badge, you will be acknowledged through Campus Recreation's social media channels and receive a prize!
The Take the Wellness Pledge initiative is a collaborative effort by units and departments within the Division of Student Affairs in a systems-wide approach to improve wellbeing at the individual, campus community, and greater community level.
As an Illini who is focused on the health and wellbeing of myself and my community, I pledge to:
- CELEBRATE, love and accept the body that I have.
- CHOOSE, to make positive decisions for my health as they relate to nutrition, physical activity, and self-care.
- CARE, for the earth by engaging in environmentally responsible activities.
- CONSULT, daily with my personal beliefs, values, and morals that give my life meaning and purpose.
- CONTRIBUTE, to the campus community and make the University of Illinois a safe place to learn, live, love, and grow.
Earn Wellness Badges
Kognito At-Risk is an online suicide prevention training where participants take on the role of an avatar and interact with other characters in a game-like simulation to learn how to recognize signs of distress and connect others to campus resources to assist them if they are struggling. To earn a Kognito At-Risk wellness badge, visit UI.Kognito.com and log in with your Net ID and password. After you have completed one of the training modules (there are modules geared toward assisting general peers, students who are military veterans, and students who identify as LGBTQ), you will need to save your certificate of completion (a PDF or screenshot will work) and email it to Alana Harris to receive your badge.
Stay tuned for an exciting wellness program from the McKinley Health Center.
The Asian American Cultural Center (AACC) is starting a #ilovemyselfie movement that celebrates self love. This movement will serve as a reminder for students to put their own well-being and happiness first.
Want a Badge for Your Unit's Wellness Program?
After you've developed your program, simply fill out the Take the Wellness Pledge Work Order Form and we will help you start the process to create your program's badge. Please allow at least 2 weeks for your new badge artwork.
1) Contact Alana Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like a presentation for your department
2) Contact Alana Harris (email@example.com) to pick-up your badges
3) Nominate a wellness champion to receive their Get RECognized Badge
6) Put this on the agenda at meetings, programs, and events
7) Keep an eye on our website for upcoming badge earning opportunities!