- Student Affairs Committees
- campus committees and boards
- African American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Asian American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Lighting Committee
- Campus Recreation Advisory Committee
- Campus Transportation Advisory Committee
- Career Services Council
- Counseling Center Advisory Committee
- Education Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Energy Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Engagement Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Housing Appeals Board
- Illini Union Bookstore Faculty Liaison Committee
- International Education Committee
- Krannert Center Student Advisory Committee
- La Casa Cultural Latina Advisory Committee
- Land & Water Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- LGBT Resource Center Advisory Committee
- McKinley Health Center Advisory Board
- MTD Service Advisory Committee
- Native American House Advisory Committee
- Outstanding Staff and Program Awards Committee
- Parking Advisory Committee
- Parking Appeals Board
- Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Rape Awareness & Prevention Committee
- Resilience Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Special Events Advisory Committee
- State Farm Center Advisory Committee
- Student Cultural Programming Fee Committee
- Student Fee Advisory Committee
- Student Insurance Advisory Committee
- Student Legal Service Advisory Board
- Student Organization Resource Fee Board (SORF)
- Student Sustainability Committee
- Student Wellness Committee
- Transportation Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Women's Resources Center Advisory Committee
- Zero Waste Sustainability Working Advisory Team
The University of Illinois provides several programs and benefits that can help you stay healthy.
Most services at McKinley Health Center and the Counseling Center are already paid-for by the Health Service Fee, so students seeking non-emergency services are advised to first seek medical attention at McKinley to minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
If you are experiencing a health emergency, dial 911 to summon an ambulance.
McKinley's Dial-a-Nurse can answer students' questions about when and where to seek treatment for illnesses, injuries or other health concerns. Depending on the nature of the problem, the nurse may suggest basic first-aid, an immediate visit to McKinley, making an appointment at McKinley, or a visit to the emergency department of a community hospital. Students who are advised to visit an Emergency Room should contact their insurer first, as pre-authorization may be required.
Know your health insurance provider
To minimize out-of-pocket expenses, students should check to be sure which kind of health insurance plan they have before seeking non-emergency treatment.
About 60 percent of Illinois students automatically are covered by the United Healthcare Student Health Insurance plan that helps cover medical attention off-campus; students who have waived United Healthcare coverage may be covered by their parents' insurance plans or other policies. The United Healthcare Student Health Insurance Plan covers care that is not available at McKinley Health Center, such as hospitalization, specialty care and care away from campus. Co-pays and some out-of-pocket expenses may be incurred.
To check on claim status or ask how a bill was processed, students who are covered by United Healthcare should contact the company directly.
For general inquiries or to find out how to register for student insurance benefits, contact the University's Student Health Insurance office, 1109 South Lincoln Ave, Room 29, Urbana, IL 61801. Telephone 217/333-0165.