- Student Affairs Committees
- campus committees and boards
- African American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Asian American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Lighting Committee
- Campus Recreation Advisory Committee
- Campus Transportation Advisory Committee
- Career Services Council
- Counseling Center Advisory Committee
- Education Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Energy Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Engagement Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Housing Appeals Board
- Illini Union Bookstore Faculty Liaison Committee
- International Education Committee
- Krannert Center Student Advisory Committee
- La Casa Cultural Latina Advisory Committee
- Land & Water Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- LGBT Resource Center Advisory Committee
- McKinley Health Center Advisory Board
- MTD Service Advisory Committee
- Native American House Advisory Committee
- Parking Advisory Committee
- Parking Appeals Board
- Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Rape Awareness & Prevention Committee
- Resilience Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Special Events Advisory Committee
- State Farm Center Advisory Committee
- Student Cultural Programming Fee Committee
- Student Fee Advisory Committee
- Student Insurance Advisory Committee
- Student Legal Service Advisory Board
- Student Organization Resource Fee Board (SORF)
- Student Sustainability Committee
- Student Wellness Committee
- Transportation Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Women's Resources Center Advisory Committee
- Zero Waste Sustainability Working Advisory Team
The majority of Illini Union Board (IUB) leadership positions are selected following an application process annually initiated in October. The Illinois Student Senate (ISS) appoints up to 2 students as part of this process. For more information for how to apply to join, see the Illini Union Board webpage.
The Illini Union Board has received two charges from the Board of Trustees:
1. Provide advice to the Director of the Illini Union on major policy issues;
2. Provide campus-wide programming.
13 students (11 or 12 undergraduates, 1 or 2 graduate students) selected by the Illini Union Board; 2 students (1 undergraduate, 1 graduate) nominated by Illinois Student Senate
2 faculty members
1 academic professional staff member
1 representative of the Staff (“Non-Ac”) Employees Council
1 alum nominated by the Alumni Association
2 ex officio members (Illini Union Director, and Associate Director for Programs)
Selection of Student Members:
The Illini Union Board selects 13 of the 15 student members, who serve two year terms.
Two (2) other student members are nominated by ISS and they serve up to two-year terms.
Non-Student Board Members Terms of Office:
Alumni Association representative: 1 year term of office, often re-appointed
Staff Employees Adv. Council representative: 3 years
Faculty/Academic Professional Staff: 2 years, with an option for a third
The entire Board meets once every three weeks. Meetings usually last 1 1/2 hours. Meetings only occur when classes are in session.
Meetings run on a three-week rotation: the Policy Committee meets the first week of the month, the Executive Committee the next week, and the full Board the following week. Then the cycle begins again with the Policy Committee.
Most student Board members attend one Program Council meeting per week and the full Board meets once every three weeks. The five student executive officers also attend the Policy and Executive Committee meetings. Student Board members are expected to average between 5-10 hours per week working on IUB programs and projects.
Non-student Board members (faculty, staff, or alumni) attend Full Board Meetings and may select additionally to attend Policy, Executive Board and/or Programming Council meetings.
Other Time Commitments:
One overnight retreat is held in January; another retreat takes place in early September. Attendance at IUB events also is encouraged.
Requirements for student members only:
- Set strike after the Spring Musicals (2-3 hours each semester)
- Lead committee meetings for assigned programmatic areas
- Planning and organizing programs (averages 5 hours each week)
- Helping at Homecoming and various other events
- Weekly Office Hours
Faculty and Staff committee members will serve for a maximum of three consecutive years. Student committee members appointed by ISS will be eligible for up to two academic years but will have to go through the committee selection process thereafter to serve on the committee again.