- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Illinois Experience stories
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Strategic Plan
Strategic Initiative Grant Program
The deadline for the 2016-17 Strategic Initiative Grant Program is Friday, July 8, 2016.
Up to $20,000 will be granted for 2016-17 programming.
The purpose of these funds is to promote collaborations within Student Affairs units and with academic units across campus by supporting innovative programs that address emerging student issues. These programs should also address one of the strategic goals of the Division of Student Affairs and/or the Verdell-Frazier-Young grant.
Strategic goals of the Division of Student Affairs will provide up to $15,000 to:
- Foster collaboration, discovery, and innovation
- Provide transformative learning experiences
- Make a significant and visible societal and community impact
- Steward current resources and generate additional resources for strategic investment
The Verdell-Frazier-Young grant will provide $5,000 specifically for:
- The improvement of the education of undergraduate women
- The generation of new knowledge about the education of undergraduate women
Please save the application as a Word file or PDF and email it to Belinda De La Rosa
Don't delay - the deadline is 4 p.m. on Friday, July 8, 2016.
Questions? Email Belinda De La Rosa, Co-Chair of the Program Coordinating Council, or phone 244-6358.
The Student Affairs Program Coordinating Council seeks applications for its Strategic Initiative Grant Program. The purpose of these funds is to promote collaborations within Student Affairs units as well as with academic units across campus. Additionally, the goal is to support innovative and new programs that improve the campus community; particularly programs that meet Student Affairs strategic initiatives. These strategic initiatives will be announced yearly.
Applications will be accepted yearly in late spring IF AND ONLY IF funds are available; a second deadline in November may be announced. Applications should be submitted online (right).
Any Student Affairs unit on the Urbana-Champaign campus may apply for these funds. The unit must have at least one other active co-sponsor within Students Affairs.
Innovative programs that target any campus sub-population are encouraged. However, those programs that ultimately improve students’ academic experience are encouraged. The proposed event must meet one of the selected strategic criteria to be determined by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs yearly. Proposals are encouraged to incorporate technology use; accessible materials; innovations that have the potential to become best practices; and the creation of programs that have the potential to become permanent.
Applicants will be required to document the extent of the involvement of co-sponsors. Unit heads or their designees must sign off on the proposal. A summary and assessment report will be required within thirty days of the event prior to the award being released. An assessment template will be provided for this purpose. Proposed events must not have occurred on campus within the past two years. Applicants must adhere to all university policies and procedures.
- All events must meet university policies, which also supersede PCC guidelines
- Strictly social events will not be supported
- Funds may not be used for full-time staff wages or salaries
- Funds may not be used for political endorsements or in support of specific candidates or ballot measures
- Funds may not be used to defray expenses for fundraisers or to purchase alcoholic beverages