- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
Each year, the Student Affairs Outstanding Staff and Program Awards celebrate and recognize the tremendous efforts of staff from every unit within Student Affairs. Three individuals, one program, and one assessment project will be recognized for their exemplary commitment to professional integrity and excellence. This years' awards are:
- Outstanding Civil Service Staff Member
- Outstanding Academic Professional Staff Member
- Outstanding New Staff Member
- Outstanding Program
- Outstanding Assessment Project
Each individual recipient is recognized with a $600 cash award and a commemorative plaque. We also believe in commending and encouraging impactful programs and assessment projects. Each year, $1,000 is awarded to the home department of both the Outstanding Program and the Outstanding Assessment Project recipients to continue or expand their services.
Nominations close Sunday, March 18th at 11:59 P.M. CST
Nominate here for the 2017-2018 Awards (Civil Service, Academic Professional, New Staff, Program)
All Academic Professional, Open Range, and Civil Service staff members within the units that make up Student Affairs are eligible if they are in good standing with their department. Those not eligible: the Vice Chancellor, Associate and Assistant Vice Chancellors, department heads, and employees who have previously received the award. All programs within Student Affairs departments are eligible.
Each nomination will consist of a completed online nomination form. Nomination forms are due on Sunday, March 18th at 11:59 P.M. CST. Nominations can come from both students and staff. Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
Award Categories and Criteria
Outstanding Staff Member - Civil Service and Academic Professional
The Outstanding Staff Awards recognize unique contributions and achievements of individuals who advance the mission of Student Affairs at the University of Illinois. Two awards - one to a Civil Service staff member and one to an Academic Professional - will be presented this year to recipients who:
- go above and beyond to support students and/or co-workers
- consistently provide excellent service to students and/or Student Affairs
- exemplify the values of Student Affairs: Diversity, Leadership and Citizenship, Collaboration, Shared Governance with Students, the Holistic Student Learning Experience, Stewardship and Accountability, Innovation and Excellence, Honesty and Integrity, and/or Wellness
Outstanding New Staff Award
The Outstanding New Staff Award recognizes individuals for exceptional service or special accomplishments in Student Affairs at the University of Illinois. This award will be presented to a new staff member who:
- has been employed full time as a staff member (Academic Professional, Open Range, or Civil Service) in Student Affairs at Illinois for three years or less
- goes above and beyond to support students and/or co-workers
- is innovative, creative, and delivers outstanding service to students and/or Student Affairs
- is viewed as a promising leader within Student Affairs
The Outstanding Program Award will be presented to a Student Affairs program that demonstrates creativity, innovation, and appeals to a diverse body of students or staff. The program must be offered in 2018-2019 (since funds awarded are for the upcoming year). The primary goal of the program must be Student Affairs-related. Individual academic courses are not eligible, however, the program may have an academic component. The program can be for students or staff; can be ongoing or an event; offer a service and be of any size. The program must impact University of Illinois students. In order to be considered, the program should:
- have had a positive impact on student and/or staff learning, transitions, retention or success at Illinois.
- reflect and strengthen Student Affairs' values, including Diversity, Leadership and Citizenship, Collaboration, Shared Governance with Students, the Holistic Student Learning Experience, Stewardship and Accountability, Innovation and Excellence, Honesty and Integrity, and/or Wellness.
- be effetive with relation to its stated goals.
Outstanding Assessment Project
The 2018 Student Affairs Assessment Recognition Program promotes a culture of assessment within the Division of Student Affairs through recognition of outstanding assessment projects throughout the division. Recognized projects will demonstrate clarity of purpose, methodology/metrics, results, incorporation of results, and dissemination of results to stakeholders and/or actions taken as a result of conducting the project.
Sunday, March 18th at 11:59 P.M. CST
Outstanding Staff & Program Awards Reception
Thursday, May 3rd, 3-5 pm | ARC MP 6