- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
Each year, the Student Affairs Outstanding Staff and Program Awards celebrate and recognize the tremendous efforts of staff from every unit within Student Affairs. The Vice Chancellor acknowledges three individuals for their exemplary commitment to professional integrity and excellence. Four awards will be given this year:
- Outstanding Civil Service Staff Member
- Outstanding Academic Professional Staff Member
- Outstanding New Staff Member
- Outstanding Program
- Outstanding Assessment Project
Each individual recipient is recognized with a $600 cash award and a commemorative plaque. We also believe in commending and encouraging new programming venues and programs of merit. Each year, one program is recognized for its outstanding contribution to Student Affairs, and $1,000 is awarded to the program’s home department to continue or expand the program.
EXTENDED! Nominations close Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Nominations are now closed for 2016–2017.
All Academic Professional, Open Range, and Civil Service staff members within the units that make up Student Affairs are eligible if they are in good standing with their department. Those not eligible: the Vice Chancellor, Associate and Assistant Vice Chancellors, department heads, and employees who have previously received the award. All programs within Student Affairs departments are eligible.
Each nomination will consist of a completed online nomination form and at least one Letter of Recommendation. Up to two additional letters may be submitted, for a maximum of three letters. Nomination forms are due at 5 pm on Friday, March 31, 2017. Letters of recommendation are also due at this time, and may be uploaded with nomination forms or e-mailed separately to email@example.com. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Letters of Recommendation
In addition to the nomination form, at least one Letter of Recommendation is required to complete the nomination. For the Outstanding Program Award, the letter must be from someone who participated in the program. Letters will be accepted from current and former students, and any current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign staff or faculty members, or outside members of the community. Letters from students who have interacted with the nominee or participated in the nominated program are encouraged. Up to two additional letters may be submitted, for a maximum of three letters.
Award Categories and Criteria
Outstanding Staff Member - Civil Service and Academic Professional
The Outstanding Staff Awards recognize unique contributions and achievements of individuals who advance the mission of Student Affairs at the University of Illinois. Two awards - one to a Civil Service staff member and one to an Academic Professional - will be presented this year to recipients who:
- show dedication and provide consistently excellent service to students and/or Student Affairs
- display genuine support and regard for students and co-workers
- exemplify the values of Student Affairs: Diversity, Leadership and Citizenship, Collaboration, Shared Governance with Students, the Holistic Student Learning Experience, Stewardship and Accountability, Innovation and Excellence, Honesty and Integrity, and/or Wellness
Outstanding New Staff Award
The Outstanding New Staff Award recognizes individuals for exceptional service or special accomplishments in Student Affairs at the University of Illinois. This award will be presented to a new staff member who:
- has been employed full time as a staff member (Academic Professional, Open Range, or Civil Service) in Student Affairs at Illinois for three years or less
- is viewed as a promising future leader within Student Affairs at Illinois
- is innovative, creative, and delivers outstanding service to students or Student Affairs
- displays genuine support and regard for students and co-workers
The Outstanding Program Award will be presented to a Student Affairs program that demonstrates creativity, innovation, and appeals to a diverse body of students or staff. The program must be offered in 2016-17 (since funds awarded are for the upcoming year). The primary goal of the program must be Student Affairs-related. Individual academic courses are not eligible, however, the program may have an academic component. The program can be for students or staff; can be ongoing or an event; offer a service and be of any size. The program must impact University of Illinois students. Primary areas of consideration are:
- The program must have had a positive impact on student and/or staff learning, transitions, retention or success at Illinois.
- The program must reflect and strengthen Student Affairs' values, including Diversity, Leadership and Citizenship, Collaboration, Shared Governance with Students, the Holistic Student Learning Experience, Stewardship and Accountability, Innovation and Excellence, Honesty and Integrity, and/or Wellness.
- Effectiveness of the program with relation to its stated goals.
Outstanding Assessment Project
The 2018 Student Affairs Assessment Recognition Program promotes a culture of assessment within the Division of Student Affairs through recognition of outstanding assessment projects throughout the division. Recognized projects will demonstrate clarity of purpose, methodology/metrics, results, incorporation of results, and dissemination of results to stakeholders and/or actions taken as a result of conducting the project.
Friday, March 31, 2017, 5 p.m.
Outstanding Staff & Program Awards Reception
Thursday, May 4th, 3–5 pm | ARC MP 6