- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- 2017 Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- Renée Romano Student Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
- Student Affairs Realignment
About This Award
Patricia E. Askew came to the University in 1988 and served as Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign from 1994 until her retirement in August 2005. Among her other passions, she was recognized for her commitment in addressing alcohol, other drug, and traffic safety problem prevention efforts. A strong champion of student leadership development, Mrs. Askew spearheaded the development of Illinois Leadership™, a multi-faceted leadership development program.
One award is presented to an undergraduate student who has demonstrated exceptional leadership on campus and who has been instrumental in creating or enhancing a registered student organization.
This recognition includes a monetary award.
This award is for any undergraduate student.
Nominator, please address the following in your nomination:
- Describe in detail how the nominee has made a significant impact on the quality of campus and/or community life.
- Describe how the nominee's contributions to campus and/or community life demonstrates exceptional leadership.