- vice chancellor's video blog
- vice chancellor's office
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Illinois Experience stories
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- 2017 Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Illini Wellness Day
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- Strategic Plan
About This Award
Founded in 1923, the Moms Association has more than 5,000 members. The Moms Association works to promote a stronger relationship between the University and the citizens of Illinois, and is one of the nation’s longest-serving parent organizations. The Moms Association supports programs, services and activities that promote the health, safety and well-being of the University community and serves as a parent liaison to the campus.
Two awards are presented: one to an undergraduate and one to a graduate/professional student. A successful nominee has performed outstanding and innovative service within the local community.
Each award includes a monetary award for the recipient and a grant to an organization of the recipient's choice.
Nominators, please address the following in your nomination:
- What specific need has the nominee addressed in the community?
- What innovative approach has the nominee used to address this need in the community?
- Which community service organization should receive a monetary award of $250, and how should it be used?