- vice chancellor's video blog
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- 2018 Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- Renée Romano Student Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
- Student Affairs Realignment
- Take the Wellness Pledge
About This Scholarship
Joshua Grafton, a member of the Class of 1983, was a special student in the life of the University. He led efforts to revitalize Homecoming and was a founder of the Student Alumni Association. Joshua led with vision and continued being a highly creative and inspirational leader after he graduated. Upon his death in 1989, his family and friends chose to create this scholarship to continue the spirit that guided Joshua’s life.
Two scholarships recognize undergraduate sophomores who have demonstrated outstanding creativity, initiative and potential in their extracurricular activities. Financial need is one component taken into consideration for selection.
The recognition includes a monetary award.
Nominators, please address the following in your nomination:
- Describe in detail how the nominee has made a significant impact on the quality of campus and/or community life.
- Describe how the nominee's contributions to campus and/or community life demonstrate exceptional leadership.