- vice chancellor's video blog
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- 2018 Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- Renée Romano Student Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
- Student Affairs Realignment
- Take the Wellness Pledge
About These Awards
The Chicago Illini Club, friends and family of Vicki Lynn Merkel, and the Willard Broom Leadership Fund sponsor three awards to recognize outstanding seniors.
Nominators, please address the following in your nomination:
- Describe in detail how the nominee has made a significant impact on the quality of campus and/or community life.
- Describe how the nominee's contributions to campus and/or community life demonstrates exceptional leadership.
About the Sponsors
Chicago Illini Club
The Chicago Illini Club is a regional affiliate of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. With more than 50,000 alumni in the greater Chicagoland area, the Club promotes the welfare of the University by demonstrating loyalty to the institution and supporting its educational purposes. In keeping with these goals, the Club established an endowment for the Excellence in Leadership Award and also supports the James Newton Matthews Scholars program.
Family and Friends of Victoria Lynn Merkel
A member of the Class of 1987, Victoria Lynn Merkel was known for her energy, creativity and genuine care for others. She was very active in the Greek system and her sorority. She served on the Illini Union Board and was elected Ma-Wan-Da and Senior 100 prior to her accidental death in her senior year. This award was established in her memory by her parents and family.
Willard Broom’s dedication to students is truly what he is remembered for by students, alumni and co-workers alike. He graduated from the University of Illinois in 1972 and began his exemplary career serving students by advising numerous student groups. He directed orientation programs for new students and the first student leadership conference. Later, he served as Director of Student Activities. Along with Willard’s responsibility in the Dean of Students office, he taught a leadership class, Ed Psych199, for more than 20 years.
Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble (P&G) supports leadership opportunities on campus. Illinois alumni employed with P&G continue to value the leadership skills acquired during their college years at the University of Illinois, skills that have helped them contribute to their company and community.