- campus committees and boards
- African American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Alcohol Policy and Social Norming Committee
- Asian American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- State Farm Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Recreation Advisory Committee
- The Career Center Advisory Committee
- Counseling Center Advisory Committee
- Board of Fraternity Affairs
- Housing Appeals Board
- Board of Sorority Affairs
- Campus Lighting Committee
- Campus Transportation Committee
- Committee on the Use of Facilities
- Illini Union Board (IUB)
- Illini Union Bookstore Faculty Liaison Committee
- Illinois Leadership Coordinating Committee
- Krannert Center Advisory Committee
- LGBT Resource Center Advisory Committee
- La Casa Cultural Latina Advisory Committee
- McKinley Health Center Advisory Board
- Native American House Advisory Committee
- Organization Fund Advisory Board (OFAB)
- Outstanding Staff and Program Awards Committee
- Parking Advisory Committee
- Parking Appeals Board
- Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Rape Awareness & Prevention Committee
- Senate Committee for Student Discipline
- Campus Student Election Commission (CSEC)
- Student Fee Advisory Committee
- Student Insurance Advisory Committee
- Student Leadershp Awards Selection Committee
- Student Legal Service Advisory Board
- Student Organization Resource Fee Board (SORF)
- Student Sustainability Committee
- Tenant Union Advisory Board
- Women's Resources Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Committee on Financial Aid for Students
- Illinois Leadership Center (ILC) Student Advisory Committee
The majority of Illini Union Board (IUB) leadership positions are selected following an application process annually initiated in October. The Illinois Student Senate (ISS) appoints up to 2 students as part of this process. For more information for how to apply to join, see the Illini Union Board webpage.
The Illini Union Board has received two charges from the Board of Trustees:
1. Provide advice to the Director of the Illini Union on major policy issues;
2. Provide campus-wide programming.
13 students (11 or 12 undergraduates, 1 or 2 graduate students) selected by the Illini Union Board; 2 students (1 undergraduate, 1 graduate) nominated by Illinois Student Senate
2 faculty members
1 academic professional staff member
1 representative of the Staff (“Non-Ac”) Employees Council
1 alum nominated by the Alumni Association
2 ex officio members (Illini Union Director, and Associate Director for Programs)
Selection of Student Members:
The Illini Union Board selects 13 of the 15 student members, who serve two year terms.
Two (2) other student members are nominated by ISS and they serve up to two-year terms.
Non-Student Board Members Terms of Office:
Alumni Association representative: 1 year term of office, often re-appointed
Staff Employees Adv. Council representative: 3 years
Faculty/Academic Professional Staff: 2 years, with an option for a third
The entire Board meets once every three weeks. Meetings usually last 1 1/2 hours. Meetings only occur when classes are in session.
Meetings run on a three-week rotation: the Policy Committee meets the first week of the month, the Executive Committee the next week, and the full Board the following week. Then the cycle begins again with the Policy Committee.
Most student Board members attend one Program Council meeting per week and the full Board meets once every three weeks. The five student executive officers also attend the Policy and Executive Committee meetings. Student Board members are expected to average between 5-10 hours per week working on IUB programs and projects.
Non-student Board members (faculty, staff, or alumni) attend Full Board Meetings and may select additionally to attend Policy, Executive Board and/or Programming Council meetings.
Other Time Commitments:
One overnight retreat is held in January; another retreat takes place in early September. Attendance at IUB events also is encouraged.
Requirements for student members only:
- Set strike after the Spring Musicals (2-3 hours each semester)
- Lead committee meetings for assigned programmatic areas
- Planning and organizing programs (averages 5 hours each week)
- Helping at Homecoming and various other events
- Weekly Office Hours
Faculty and Staff committee members will serve for a maximum of three consecutive years. Student committee members appointed by ISS will be eligible for up to two academic years but will have to go through the committee selection process thereafter to serve on the committee again.