You are here
Welcome to the Student Affairs graduate assistantship webpage. Student Affairs is pleased to offer a variety of assistantships in its respective units. Graduate student assistantships and their accompanying tuition waivers provide graduate students with financial resources that help defray the expenses associated with completing their graduate degrees. Students who hold assistantships experience educational and professional benefits. The responsibilities and benefits of assistantships vary, but in general, students gain further instruction and techniques in the field of Student Affairs. Assistantships provide a learning environment that fosters growth and development while supporting the mission of Student Affairs by empowering students to achieve the greatest potential in their personal and academic development.
Students may hold teaching, research, graduate or pre-professional graduate assistantships- see descriptions of the duties related to each type of assistantship. Teaching assistants and graduate assistants are represented by the Graduate Employee Organization (GEO).
- Policies for graduate assistantships (chapter 8.1 has information about Assistantship Policies)
- Assistantship percentages and waivers
- Benefits- Academic Human Resources
- Graduate assistant employee orientation
- List of all assistantships offered at the University of Illinois