Give to the AACC Fund
Why Give to the Asian American Cultural Center?
The Asian American Cultural Center is dedicated to fostering
appreciation and understanding of Asian American and Asian international
experiences. The Center provides diverse and cultural interactions and
exchanges for all students at the University of Illinois. A unit within
the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and AACC supports the missions of Student
Affairs as well as the University.
• One out five students out of 42,000 plus are Asian International or Asian American.
• We strive to incorporate Asian experiences and values into the cultural mosaic of this institution
• We incorporate intergroup relations and providing opportunities for cross-cultural communication and collaboration.
• We build and contribute to a diverse and welcoming community within the university.
By making a gift to the Asian American Cultural Center, you will:
• Support the continuation of our mission of helping students become leaders and professionals
• Create a better understanding and cultural experiences that prepare students to be citizens of an ever changing, global community
• Help Asian American students maintain a strong presence on campus with a long history of student involvement.
• Continue the legacy and of civic engagement with diverse communities.
Your contribution can support students in the following ways:
$5000 = Student Internship
$2500 = Asian American Leadership Development
$1500 = Resource collection acquisitions and periodical subscriptions for a year
$1500 = Artist showcases for a year
$1000 = Campus and Community Engagement
$500 = Four book club selections for a year
$250 = One cultural celebration program
$100 = One film showing with discussion
*Your donation will go directly to the University of Illinois Foundation which then distributes the funds into the Asian American Cultural Centers Unrestricted Fund's account. The Student Affairs Advancement Office notifies the Asian American Cultural Center of all financial contributions. The University of Illinois Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 organization, and as such, all gifts are tax deductible.
If you have any questions regarding your gift, or would like to receive further information about ways in which you can give to the Asian American Cultural Center Fund, feel free to contact the Student Affairs Advancement Staff.
What Students are Saying