- Student Affairs Committees
- campus committees and boards
- African American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Asian American Cultural Center Advisory Committee
- Campus Lighting Committee
- Campus Recreation Advisory Committee
- Campus Transportation Advisory Committee
- Career Services Council
- Counseling Center Advisory Committee
- Education Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Energy Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Engagement Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Housing Appeals Board
- Illini Union Bookstore Faculty Liaison Committee
- International Education Committee
- Krannert Center Student Advisory Committee
- La Casa Cultural Latina Advisory Committee
- Land & Water Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- LGBT Resource Center Advisory Committee
- McKinley Health Center Advisory Board
- MTD Service Advisory Committee
- Native American House Advisory Committee
- Parking Advisory Committee
- Parking Appeals Board
- Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Rape Awareness & Prevention Committee
- Resilience Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Special Events Advisory Committee
- State Farm Center Advisory Committee
- Student Cultural Programming Fee Committee
- Student Fee Advisory Committee
- Student Insurance Advisory Committee
- Student Legal Service Advisory Board
- Student Organization Resource Fee Board (SORF)
- Student Sustainability Committee
- Student Wellness Committee
- Transportation Sustainability Working Advisory Team
- Women's Resources Center Advisory Committee
- Zero Waste Sustainability Working Advisory Team
The mission of the Student Legal Service office is to provide preventive legal education, legal counseling and advice, and individual representation to students in order to enhance student life and student knowledge of their rights and responsibilities, and positively impact student retention.
The Student Legal Service Advisory Board has several functions:
- To act as the eyes and ears for the program concerning student concerns and possible legal trends on campus.
- Review expenditures and their relationship to carrying out the mission of the program.
- Become familiar with the Student Legal Service Operational Plan adopted in 2012 and provide guidance to staff regarding implementation of plan and possible changes where the plan does not guide an issue.
- Receive the Annual Report
- Review and provide additional input into the Student Legal Service Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
- Receive monthly report on office usage and categories of service and discuss trends.
- The advisory board does not direct the practice of law.
The Student Legal Service Operational Plan is silent on membership, however, by custom the following groups have had membership:
- Dean of Students or designee acts as treasurer
- Academic Professional and/or Professors
- Up to two students from College of Law
- Two graduate students
- Three or more undergraduate students
- SLS Director acts in an ex-officio capacity
For the foreseeable future all meetings will be virtual skype/zoom etc. Meetings are usually at noon and last between 30 minutes and 60 on a monthly basis. Usually three each semester unless an emergency arises.