- vice chancellor's video blog
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Illini Spirit of Service
- awards and scholarships
- Past Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- Barbara Seaquist Williams Leadership Awards
- Cathy Acevedo Memorial Scholarship
- Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Scholarship
- Excellence in Leadership Awards
- Irene Pierson Award
- Jean F. Hill Awards
- Joseph H. Smith Award
- Joshua L. Grafton Scholarship Awards
- Moms Association Humanitarian Award
- Patricia E. Askew Leadership Award
- Stanley R. Levy Leadership Scholarship
- Susan Teegarden Morrison Leadership Scholarship
- Renée Romano Student Leadership Scholarship
- turner fellows
- Illini Wellness Week
- Reading Day and Finals Week Events
- GLOBE (Global Leaders: Orange and Blue Engagement)
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
- Student Affairs Leadership Team
- Student Affairs Realignment
- Take the Wellness Pledge
About This Award
As an Illinois student, Irene Pierson was active in many organizations and was the first female president of the Student Senate. She served as the Social Director of the Illini Union from 1940-1963. At the 25th Anniversary Reunion of the Illini Union Board in 1966, she was honored by the establishment of this award.
One award recognizes an outstanding junior who has demonstrated excellence in student activities, leadership and academics.
The recognition includes a monetary award.
Nominators, please address the following in your nomination:
- Describe in detail how the nominee has made a significant impact on the quality of campus and/or community life.
- Describe how the nominee's contributions to campus and/or community life demonstrates exceptional leadership.
- Please explain how the nominee excels in both the classroom and co-curricular activities.